- In Stock!
- $5-7 Shipping
- DM: 50*21*4 (cm)
- Weight: 2.5KGs + 1KGs Packaging
- Bolt Mod
- Fully Cleaned
- 50 Stainless Steel Rivets installed
- Coiled cable included (made from 3m cable)
- Connection: RJ45, cable unpluggable
- Condition: 80%-New
- Grey logoed versions are more scarce, and they are originally adapted with the RJ45 terminal.
How's the condition:
The keyboard is refurbished, so there may be scratches, we can make sure that there are no cracks on the keyboard. All units are checked before shipping. Imperfections are unavoidable so please make sure that you can tolerate small imperfections.
Why use stainless rivets:
The silicone dampening pad is aged and comes off the PCB. In order to reinforce this, we applied stainless steel screws.
Do stainless steel screws affect the feeling of the keyboard:
Why is this product worth the price:
- Original Keycaps are used, it is hard to put together a set of keycaps, and we need to pick keycaps from a few units in order to put together one set of keycaps.
- We customized high-quality coiled cables for the keyboard, the cables are long. Considering some of the customers may require longer cables, we included an extension USB cable in the package.
- The keyboard is huge, which requires customized cardboard boxes.
While you can tell this is used, there are very little signs of use on the one I received. It was very clean. At first I thought it was new old stock. The cable is very nice. I'm planning to see if I can buy a few of the cables. As has been my experience with all of the model Ms and Fs I've bought, I needed to reseat a few keys for them to function properly. But this always the case with buckling spring keyboards.
Has two piece keys, stem and keycap as expected. They appear brand new.
It's a quality mod and in my opinion the refurb is almost worth the complete cost. I'll refer people who want a model m to this seller until they are out of stock.
First keyboard arrived with several keys not working. Customer service did not reply to email but did respond to chat. Replacement came in worse shipped condition but works with minor issue. Obviously these are refurbs so issues can happen. The keyboard I was shipped had a top cover that was offset enough from switches to result in the numpad-4 and up-arrow to bind when pressed. Spacebar was also not working. Issues with the second were able to be resolved with disassembly, realignment, and adjustments. Upon disassembly, a few nuts from the bolt mod were found rattling around in the case. Ribbon cable needed reseating for all keys to work.
Caps: 9/10; Function 6/10; Case 9/10; Reliability 5/10; Customer Service 8/10; Original Condition 9/10; Bolt Mod 8/10; Overall 8/10
Good purchase for people able to perform minor repairs and adjustments.
The keyboard arrived broken, some keys did not function. After contacting support, I was informed that a refund or a new keyboard was only possible if I destroyed the keyboard "with a hammer". Will never purchase anything from Keebmonkeys again.